Speedee Delivery - Racist Company...spee dee delivery

Feb 21, 2011
review #222866

I worked for that racist company & to tell the truth, thats their modo to give you the run around, heck they do it to the employees.They go by if u don't have the attitude they want you to have then they don't like you, but if you say yes to everything they want you to do then you are a great employee.

People wake up & start using real delivery servicces like the ones that the rest of the world uses. Really who's really heard of spee dee delivery??? Thats why they only deliver through out the upper midwest.

They have been around just about as long as Fed Ex & they have not expanded their business, that goes to show how back woods they really are.they are cheap, they lie to customers, & they lie to their employees.

9393062
Had an experience with Speedee Delivery?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
Live Fish Shippper

Oct 10, 2013 Apple Valley, Minnesota

Speedee is the best delivery service at what they do. Speedee is not FedEx, UPS or any other company, they are smaller and have limited delivery areas. Before using Speedee, read their website and call and ask questions. When it is clear what Speedee can do and that is the service you want, try it. Speedee is vastly superior to FedEx, UPS, etc at what they do. Speedee prices vary depending upon how they are accessed. To cut costs, deliver your packages to a drop site. Pick up at business or home is extra.
Tracking is not state of art but state of art tracking can be frustrating watching a package bounce from one FedEx location to another because FedEx failed initial delivery and now has no clue what to do. Tracking is a false sense of security offered by large companies that use tracking for their own reasons not to help those paying for shipping.

Aug 25, 2013

Any one have a Spee-Dee Delivery Employee handbook they want to sell? We need one to file a complaint. :) thank you, nancio

Vicki

Jun 03, 2013

I worked for Spee-Dee in Wisconsin for ten years. Not one black or hispanic was ever hired. Management were a devious bunch. They previously had good appreciative managers but, shipped them out or, they quit. The headquarters refuses to provide communication classes or any type of oversight for the one *** manager. They lose good employees every month because of this ***. When I finally got a vacation, he took my route and pissed off all my customers. When confronted legally, they lie under oath.

Aug 25, 2013

Hi Vicki. Do you by chance have a copy of the SpeeDee employee handbook? We need it for a complaint we are filing. Thanks, Nancio

ex-speedee driver

Oct 10, 2012

I have worked Sioux Falls branch , also understaffed nobody takes their job serious unprofessional company managed by idiots ! Boxes get tossed smashed and sometimes driven over! Drivers, mechanics and PTers get way underpaid if compared to a profesional company like Fedex or UPS! Nobody cares about anything cause they all get underpaid u work a lot of hours in my case 12,5 hrs and they cry when u take a 20min break even tho you are allowed to ! You are not appreciated in any way cause they will make sure on your review u don't get more than 25ct raise! They will find small things that u did wrong, like seriously petty stuff even tho it might not be in your control ! No miracle the turnover is huge and they are always understaffed everbody who opens their eyes realizes what a *** company it is ! Try a get a vacation day , or 2 or more FORGET IT ! 1 of our driver hasn't had a day off for 3,5 yrs for simple fact they deny it!

KingDakota

Jul 12, 2013

Hi Ex,

If by chance your previous Branch Manager was Pat, you will be happy to know that he is no longer the branch manager there and has been demoted to LTL Group Leader. I currently work for Spee Dee, I try to give everyone 2 minutes of talk time and greet and leave everyone with a smile, not saying Im perfect I have made a few mistakes, nothing serious but a few Pissed Off Consumers, nothing I can personally do to fix the issue, but say Im Sorry and go about my day.

Your right on one thing, we are underpaid and over worked but hey we do what we have to do to make ends meet. I have not had any issues getting vacation time when needed. Also, the tossed, smashed and driven over packages you are talking about I haven't witnessed in the year in a half that I have worked there. Which yes this means you know me. Anyways hope your new job is going well most likely working for FedEx now I would assume but hey I never know. See you around.

Aug 25, 2013

Do you have a copy of the spee-dee employee handbook by chance???? Looking to buy one. Thanks, Nancio

Aug 25, 2013

Dear ex-speedee driver; Do you have a copy of the spee-dee employee handbook by chance???? Looking to buy one to use in a complaint we re filing. Thanks, Nancio

t money

Mar 25, 2012

and for being a racist company... bull s+++!! we as compnay have had our drivers back. We had a shipper using the n word and we dropped them as soon as we heard how they treated our driver.

t money

Mar 25, 2012

i work for speedee in Wi. Ive been to the Aurora branch. plenty of times to help out... its not managers fault... i see first hand how route drivers dont care throw boxes come back early before5pm dont try to deliver all there freight. no willingness to to help other drivers, there all out for them selves.. they dont care they only want a pay check. they would all *** everyday..about working for speedee but would show up the next day hey Flat landers learn how to work! or maybe u shudda went to college??

MtVernon

Dec 25, 2011

We got a manager in the MTV il trerminal that came from Aurora. 25 year old smart@as punk that thinks he knows everything. He lies to costumers all of the time! He gas no answers for anything. He thinks the rules don't apply to him. Its do as I say and not as I do. I wish I could go home for hours through the day and bring my dog to work when I wanted too. He doesn't listen to anything. Decided to change everyone's route just because he can. All of us drivers told him it wouldn't work like that. He said tough sh*t. We can't get anything done now just because he can't read a map. I feel sorry for anyone getting a deliver from Speedee out of the mount Vernon Illinois terminal!

1 0 Reply
THIS IS WHAT IM SAYING. NOT TH

Oct 12, 2011

To what are you talking about, you must be part of the problem, because u have to be blind, dumb & deaf not to see what goes on at the aurora branch, maybe you were the 1 who left & went to another location, if not then you must be kissing a lot of ***. get real look @ other delivery services & see how much they have expanded & prospered through-out the years, spee dee not so much. It wont be long till everything that comapny has done good & bad come to lite. You say you never heard anything racist being said @ the aurora branch, well that's probally because you were the one who was saying racist remarks. Believe he that company is garbage, you guys lost diapers.com account to a real delivery service, they are called Fed Ex, maybe you have heard of it. Oh yea what about the salon centric account...GONE. Had that company been so well prepaired I dont think it would loose 2 major accounts like those. But then again you must be an idoit if you think that spee dee is a good company. Now go play in traffic. The racist remarks will come out in the open, I dont need to explain what was said, keep your positive attitude...we'll see how long it lasts. :grin :)

USMC68

Jan 24

Wow, talk about a dumb *** with a chip on their shoulder!! You want to see racism you should look in the mirror!! Just another winy punk pissed because he did not get everything he believed he was entitled to.

whatrutalkingabout

Apr 15, 2011

I also work for this company and while I don't know what is racist about it because you didn't say why you thought this, I have to say that any company you work for is going to want you to have a good attitude, especially in the service industry. I haven't observed any racist actions by my employer and actually like working for them. Maybe my positive attitude helps them from wanting to get rid of me. As for the following comment, what you observed was bad actions from bad employees and sounds like it should have been stopped by good managers, which happens in the location I work at. Except smoking in vehicles, which is still legal, for the time being. As for not expanding, the vice president's quote, who I know personally, sounds accurate and also a very good business practice for a regional delivery company that is conservatively trying to survive in this difficult business climate.

Jake

Mar 11, 2011

I also work for this *** company in the AR brand in IL and they expect our delivery drivers to deliver things that aren't possible we're completely understaffed and no one cares to do anything about it because their so cheap. I've seen everything from boxes stomped on, run over, and people smoke in the buildings and trucks. Nobody cares because no one is paid well. Spee-Dee is the most unprofessional, unorganized crappy company. They do nothing to reward employees and don't encourage a good work attitude which leads to smashing boxes. As for the lack of expansion I asked the vice president one day why don't we expand he replied "our company never has or will take out a bank loan"

1 0 Reply
usmc69

Jan 24

Jake, it's easy to see why you will never own a business or have a good job. Your attitude sucks!! When you were hired did they not tell you what your wage was? At that point you had the choice to either take the job or decline it and find work elsewhere. I can totally appreciate the Vice President of the company making that statement.
In any business when times get lean the companies that have not leveraged their business to the hilt will survive. If everything is paid for then your overhead is much lower. If you not happy in a job then leave. The company is not forcing you to stay there you make that choice everyday. If you don't like it then leave.

0 1 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Speedee Delivery.
Filing a new complaint about
×